Life would be way easier if I was blessed with fore-sight 'cos hind-sight is no consolation :)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year

Ohhhh baby it's a happy one too.  It hasn't rained here as much as anywhere else in Queensland and we're not affected by floods so that just leaves fun times.  YAY !! 

Hopefully your new year has started off on the right foot and if not well.....there's still a bit more of the year left so it has hope of getting better.

Do you believe in NYR's ........... I don't really but it does seem like a great starting point if motivation is an issue. 

Out for my jog this morning I passed quite a few newbies - just like I was last year.  I can hardly believe it's been a whole year and I'm still loving it - perhaps even more now than last year.

Confidence must play a large part of that.  That is, the confidence to take a break for a few days or weeks and get up out of bed again and go for a jog  knowing it's not give up time just recoop time.

As you may or may not know I've had a niggly left foot for a few months now and I'm still baby-ing it but I'm not ready to give up and become a couch potato.  It's not that I don't have other things to do with my time, it's just ...... maybe just about priorities.   I enjoy jogging as much as I enjoy every other activity that fills my waking hours.....and I REALLY enjoy sleeping ha ha ha ........but I find I don't enjoy jogging for any sort of runners high [ I don't get that ] or weight loss [that hasn't happened] but I LOVE being out and about early in the morning while the birds ae all starting to wake up and sing to the rising sun, I LOVE watching the sun rise and all the different colours in the sky or how the light is reflected off different clouds or dappled shade under a tree.  I LOVE seeing the roads and streets that bustle with life, noise and excitment during the day all calm and sedate, I LOVE MOST feeling the possibility of a whole entire day.  The humidity is low, the world is calm and if world peace exists then I believe it exists in the early hours of dawn.

I hope your year is as wonderful as I find the early dawn to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment